Eventually I’d love to do a full on morning routine post, but today, I wanted to share a few quick things I do to start my day! How my morning begins really sets the tone for the day ahead, so I like to keep it as relaxed and positive as possible.
- First things first, hydrate. I gave up daily coffee a few years ago when I started experiencing blood sugar issues (which can be affected by caffeine!). So, I try to get creative with my water and infuse it with fun fruits and citrus. You can find some of my favorite combos here.
- Take some time to write in my Five-Minute Journal. I love that it only takes five minutes, but has such a big impact on starting the day with a positive mindset. In a nutshell, you fill out three things you’re grateful for, three things that would make today great and daily affirmations. Then, there is a section for night time, too, where you fill out three amazing things that happened that day and what would have made today even better.
- Wash my face and spritz with this stuff. It’s packed with rose, which is hydrating, high in antioxidants and great at reducing redness and inflammation, which I have around my nose, and witch hazel which tightens skin, reduces inflammation and treats discoloration and puffiness under and around eyes—perfect for the morning.
- Review my planner and the days to dos. This is the planner I use and I love it. It’s on sale right now, too!
- Start a load of laundry. Not a fun one, but I find that it’s sooo much easier to do a small load of laundry each day rather than 4-5 loads on a Saturday. Plus, the smell of this detergent we use makes the house smell sooo good!
What are some things you do to start your day off on the right foot?